2nd Biometric School
Seminar Hall, Level 2,
Faculty of Engineering,
Universiti Putra Malaysia,
6th-9th January 2014
THIS EDITION OF BIOMETRIC WINTER SCHOOL IS NOW OVER.
PLEASE VISIT www.udemy.com/biometric-winter-school for the lecture videos.
Theme: Biometrics For Security and Forensic Applications
In our increasingly interconnected society, the need to establish a person’s identity is becoming critical. Traditional authentication based on what one possesses (e.g, token/access card) or what one knows (password) no longer suffices. Biometrics, described as the science of recognizing an individual based on his/her physiological or behavioral traits, which is effectively based on what one is, offers an important solution to identity security. However, there remain great challenges when deploying the biometric technologies in the context of security and forensics applications.
The School provides a forum discussion to discuss the latest biometrics techniques in order to address some of the challenges in deploying the most commonly used biometric technologies (face, fingerprint, and iris recognition) in security and forensics applications, as well as in multimodal biometrics and biometric cryptosystems. In addition, some fundamental Machine Learning concepts will also be covered. This intensive four-day programme will cater for the diverse background of the following targeted participants: engineers graduate and post-graduate students, academicians, entrepreneurs, project managers, and government officers who need to understand the strengths and limitations of biometrics, as well as new-comers to the field.
- Early registration date: By 8 November 2013
- Registration close: 5 January 2014
- Event date: 6-9 January 2014
For the previous edition, find out what others say here: http://goo.gl/H3p8jM
and a press release here: http://goo.gl/tvXFrH
- Prof Anil Jain (Michigan State University, USA) and
- Prof Massimo Tistarelli (University of Sassari, Italy)
- School Director: Norman Poh (University of Surrey, UK)
- Treasurer: Rita Wong (University of Cagliari, Italy)
- Publicity chair: Zaheera Zainal Abidin (Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka)
- Logistics chair: Wan Azizun Adnan (Universiti Putra Malaysia)
- General Chair: Nooritawati Md Tahir (UiTM, Malaysia)
- Poster Chair: Bengherabi Messaoud (CDTA, Algeria)
Application Showcase :
Technical Sponsors :
For sponsorship and exhibition opportunities, please Rita Wong at firstname.lastname@example.org